Stage IV Member
    Name
    Rudi

Shift linkage "centering" bolt

If somebody has CAPS i'm looking for the part number of the 2 bolts that bolt the shift linkage to the bracket on the tranny. They are 2 bolts that have a little washer on them that centers the bolt through the linkage to keep the linkage from moving. I tried the junkyard to no avail.

Name
    Jose Clavijo
    Just order them from JNZ Tuning. They have the solid bushing replacements.
    "Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Jose, are you talking about the bushing that hold the shifter to the floor? I think Rudi is talking about the bracket on the transmission itself.

Otherwise, please enlighten me as I though I had everything solid I could get, LOL!
    I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Name
    Jose Clavijo
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Jose, are you talking about the bushing that hold the shifter to the floor? I think Rudi is talking about the bracket on the transmission itself.

Otherwise, please enlighten me as I though I had everything solid I could get, LOL!
    No I am talking about the bushings that go between the transmission mount bracket and the cable mount assembly. There are actually 4 small rubber bushings that center the shifter cables on the transmission side mount. JNZ sells billet aluminum replacements. I also believe that Shep has them as well.
    "Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Stage IV Member
    Name
    Rudi
    Is this what your talking about Jose? http://jnztuning.net/shop/catalog/pr...oducts_id=1195

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red97Talon View Post

No I am talking about the bushings that go between the transmission mount bracket and the cable mount assembly. There are actually 4 small rubber bushings that center the shifter cables on the transmission side mount. JNZ sells billet aluminum replacements. I also believe that Shep has them as well.
    Ahh yes, I have the roller blade bearing mod for that spot. LOL!
    I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Name
    Joseph Pitchford
    Quote Originally Posted by confusious2002 View Post
    Is this what your talking about Jose? http://jnztuning.net/shop/catalog/pr...oducts_id=1195
    Yeah thats what he is talking about. I have roller blade bearings in mine.
    http://www.dsmregistry.com/3
    Even God says we should bear arms. Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

Name
    Stacy
    Joe and Glenn, the shift cable end bushings are not what Jose is talking about. Jose is talking about the 2 piece bracket that bolts to the transmission that holds the bracket. I have a custom made aluminum set on my car. Here are a few pictures of what Jose is talking about:

Here is the set that Shep sells at his site:

10.183@140.27 FULL Street Talon w/PS AND FULL EXHAUST.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Joseph Pitchford
    huh mine didn't have anything in there to begin with. I guess i need those as well.lol
    http://www.dsmregistry.com/3
    Even God says we should bear arms. Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

Stage IV Member
    Name
    Rudi
    Thanks guys exactly the info I needed.

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMDealer View Post
    huh mine didn't have anything in there to begin with. I guess i need those as well.lol
    Ditto!

Great, more crap to buy!

Name
    Greg Hernandez
    If you are replacing these, make sure you double check your shifter cable adjustments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggedv6 View Post
    Are you secretly Ian's twin sister? If not you two should e-date.
    Greg Hernandez
    91 TSi AWD (11.75@118)
    02 954rr

Stage IV Member
    Name
    Rudi
    Another question...does anbody know where I can buy the spring that centers the actual shifter under the center consol? The spring is not doing a good job of holding the shifter in the center and the resistance is in the middle of the side to side throw instead of being resistant in nutral

Mine doesn't sit centered and feels a little "loose". I do need to replace the the bushing with metal as well, but i miss that "tight" feeling my shifter had when I first bought my car

Name
    Stacy
    You probably need to replace all the bushings. That spring rarely goes bad. I'm working on some brass bushings as replacements, but haven't gotten the stock yet to make them.
    10.183@140.27 FULL Street Talon w/PS AND FULL EXHAUST.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Stage IV Member
    Name
    Rudi
    I can visually see about a quarter inch to an half inch of dead space before the spring is contacting the shifter.

Stage II Member
    Name
    Mike
    That damn bracket is what causes my car to have a sloppy shift, no matter how much I tighten the bracket it still has play, its a weird rubber washer type deal that goes in there.

For that spring try setting it in the right place and cranking down that nut.

Also I was missing bushings in my shifter assembly, and it seems this is also a common problem. A guy on galantvr4 fabbed up some delran bushings, and it made a world of a difference. All 6 were 30 bucks!.

BTW This is not the pawn shop JOE...
    Last edited by DSMDealer; October 25th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

Name
    Stephen R. Concannon JR
    where is the 'Welcome to October' smiley?
    [I]Proofreading is of the the utmost impotence.[I]

Thread Information