Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries

Thinking my fuel pump is shot

I guess the car sat too long. Tried to start her today after draining the bad gas and putting in some fresh. Cranks but no start. Have not diagnosed it yet, but thinking it is likely the fuel pump.

On the up side, here is some sexyness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-25 18.12.00.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	3637
    I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Hail to the king baby. meangreengst's Avatar
    Name
    Edwin Ayala Jr
    same thing happened to me, when I swapped my injectors it started up, Im no expert but if you have a way to clean them give that a try, also pulling the feed line from the rail to see if it has gas coming out if you point it to a container and crank it, I had my FPR telling me I had preasure, then again my car was sitting and when I took out the fuel pump it looked like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GosmsPhoto1381889301810.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	3638

Nice brakes!
    No matter how well things go, something will always go wrong.

Name
    Stacy
    Yes, check to see if there's fuel at the rail.
    10.183@140.27 FULL Street Talon w/PS AND FULL EXHAUST.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Will do in the morning. Thanks guys.

I also ordered a fuel pressure gauge. The one that mounts on the filter.
    I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    No fuel at the rail. Going to pull the sending unit/pump and see what it looks like. Walbro might be my future.

I know it is my own fault for letting the car sit, but this is really starting to discourage me. Maybe I should just part it out and move on.

Name
    Steve
    Ive got two walbro 255's Glenn, make an offer.
    1993 Plymouth Laser FWD - 649whp/444wtq. 2.0L E85, ECMlink.
    1993 Plymouth Laser AWD - More Traction, More power.

Name
    Stacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No fuel at the rail. Going to pull the sending unit/pump and see what it looks like. Walbro might be my future.

I know it is my own fault for letting the car sit, but this is really starting to discourage me. Maybe I should just part it out and move on.
    Part it out because of a bad fuel pump!? I think you need a good beating.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    It is not just the fuel pump. There are tons of little money sucking things wrong with it.

Stacy, I really think that the biggest issue is that it just feels like I am throwing money into a hole with so many other places to spend it right now. I just put $500 worth of lights in the garage so I could see how shitty my talon is. Lol.

@Steve, I would have to lowball you like crazy to make it work for me as I would still have to buy the install kit. I can get the whole setup for $100 new.

Name
    Stacy
    It is not just the fuel pump. There are tons of little money sucking things wrong with it.

Stacy, I really think that the biggest issue is that it just feels like I am throwing money into a hole with so many other places to spend it right now. I just put $500 worth of lights in the garage so I could see how shitty my talon is. Lol.

@Steve, I would have to lowball you like crazy to make it work for me as I would still have to buy the install kit. I can get the whole setup for $100 new.
    Just replace the fuel pump and get it running. It appears you finally finished the brakes so you'll be able to drive it at that point. I guarantee you'll want to keep it once you get to drive it again. You've forgotten how enjoyable these cars really are.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Clutch master is shitted as well. Lol

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Well the fuel pump was definitely bad. It was so bad it made the hard line coming out of the tank hot enough to burn my hand. Borrowed a walbro from a friend and got her to fire up. Oil change, topped up the coolant and now she is running good.

Clutch master cylinder will be here Monday. Rear inner brake hoses sometime this week. (What a chore it has been to find them.)

Name
    Stacy
    Well the fuel pump was definitely bad. It was so bad it made the hard line coming out of the tank hot enough to burn my hand. Borrowed a walbro from a friend and got her to fire up. Oil change, topped up the coolant and now she is running good.

Clutch master cylinder will be here Monday. Rear inner brake hoses sometime this week. (What a chore it has been to find them.)
    That's how you get it done! Very minor things to be able to enjoy a very fun car.
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Well I drove her under her own power, but there are still issues. The fuel pump I am using is failing as well. (Squeals like a pig!) There is a "knocking" from the transmission at idle. I have not checked the fluid, so I will do that and see if it is low. When I get on the throttle, it cuts up at full boost (16psi). This I know can be from the bad gas that was in the car working it's way through. Can also be the fuel pump not moving enough fuel. Could be a bad plug wire ect.. I will figure it out.

But she drives.

On an unrelated note: I just noticed who has read this thread: Dre', BA, Rob Harfman, confusious2002, EaglesFly, meangreengst, vr4scott, Glenn, 4G63 Steve, Red97Talon

There are some old school, obscure members in that list. LOL!

Name
    Stacy
    That's great progress! How did it make you feel to be able to drive her?
    www.dsmregistry.com/5

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Like I want to sell her. Lol

Name
    Manie
    Old Goat. Where have you been pal, lol.

Good to hear from you.

I got a GS-T fuel pump and an Evo 8 fuel pump. They are in great working order.

Both from my previous cars.

Pick your choice and it is yours. No charge since you are white, lol.
    "How much does it cost? How fast do you want to go!"

Name
    Scott Y.
    Hahahaha, goat and white lol.
    Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

PM me for all your DSM part needs.

Name
    Kyle Montero
    Usually the tranny noise at Idle is the shaft that protrudes in the bellhousing. Bearings go bad. What size pump did you put in? Also walbaro pumps are usually loud.

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manie View Post
    Old Goat. Where have you been pal, lol.

Good to hear from you.

I got a GS-T fuel pump and an Evo 8 fuel pump. They are in great working order.

Both from my previous cars.

Pick your choice and it is yours. No charge since you are white, lol.
    I have been around, just busy.

If the evo one will work without modification, I would love to have it. Otherwise the gst one is fine. I appreciate it. I will pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by vr4scott View Post
    Hahahaha, goat and white lol.
    You forgot old.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gsexy3 View Post
    Usually the tranny noise at Idle is the shaft that protrudes in the bellhousing. Bearings go bad. What size pump did you put in? Also walbaro pumps are usually loud.
    Not this loud. Lol. It is crazy loud. Plus the longer I run it, the louder it gets.

Name
    Manie
    I forgot about this thread.

If you still need the pump Glenn let me know which one you would like.
    "How much does it cost? How fast do you want to go!"

Thread Information