XxRicanxX

Check Engine Light Code P0125

My check engine light came on so I got it scanned and they told me it was code P0125 (Insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop).

What could be triggering this code? Since they didn't give me a clear answer on what is causing this, I have no clue where to start.

Thanks guys.

coolant temp sensor is either going or unpluged. There are 2 of them, one for the guage, one for the ecu to see when the car is warmed up.
    Last edited by UndrPSI; February 2nd, 2003 at 06:08 PM.
    If someone tries to kill you, you go and try to kill'em right back!

AWDTSi
    The manual says P0125 Excessive Time to Enter Closed Loop Fuel Control

Probably Cause
    Heated oxygen sensor failed
    Injector failed
    Incorrect fuel pressure
    Engine control module failed

XxRicanxX
    Thanks for the replies guys. One thing I have noticed since my car got the code is that I has pretty bad idle surge. When I go up to a light, the car will almost stall but then regain normal RPM's.
    Probably Cause
    Heated oxygen sensor failed
    Injector failed
    Incorrect fuel pressure
    Engine control module failed
    How can I check for the following things?

Thanks again.

XxRicanxX
    I have also noticed a vast drop in gas milage.

Xanaduce
    If you have an ecm with a CEL, (Check Engien Light,) your going to get worse milage. The ECU is put into "limp" mode while you have a CEL. (the edit In limp mode your car runs much richer, and possibly pulls timing, so that you don't get as apowerful of a detonation.

To check it, i'd say find someone with a 2g datalogger and about 20 mintues, use some sort of cleaner on the connector, for both the coolant sensor, and then the plug itself. Plug it back in, clear the code, and go for a 10 mintue drive.

I'd also make sure somehow a wire isn't cut/ improperly hooked to it. I'd hate to say replace. the sensor, but I beleive the Mitsu w/no discount price is $20-25.00. There are two sensors, one for the gauge, and one for the ecm, the one for the ecm has possibly gone bad. If that doesn't fix it, I'd make sure someone who knows these cars works on it, and that they know what you have treid so far. I list these steps this way becasue its the cheapest possible order.

Later,
    Jerry Powell
    Last edited by Xanaduce; February 2nd, 2003 at 10:08 PM.

XxRicanxX
    Thanks for all the info. I am going to try to see what is wrong with it tomorrow.

Xanaduce
    Also check your thermostat. I couldn't label the easy one first. I know, I know. Anyway if it were stuck open, especially in the colder months here you may see a CEL.

Thread Information