FiReBReTHa

Thumbs up Great Guy: Jose Clavijo (aka Red97Talon) [Mechanical, fabrication, DSMLink]

Jose Clavijo, Red97Talon

Got My Clutch/Flywheel done by him at his place.

Helped me get together all i needed, (part numbers) and then was able to get everything done and went smoothly the install was fantastic. price was good too.

Thanks Again Jose
    Last edited by ScrappyJack; August 27th, 2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added a link to Jose's profile on the board

i miss fast cars :(
    Name
    Allen
    He helped me out, too. (Well did it mostly himself.) Quick and excellant prices. Very recommended.

Name
    Jose Clavijo
    Thanks Guys
    "Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Name
    John
    Jose is the man! Awesome work on the clutch and flywheel. I highly recommend him.
    JEstr Tuning Store

321-252-4741

Name
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    Blog Entries
    In a way, I wish I was the guy who got to start this thread, yet I am glad I did not have to. I have to give Jose a huge thumbs up. He really came through for me on my bottom end. Not only did he go above and beyond the call of duty when building it, he also was there to support me during the build and installation. And the support was not even always motor related!

I urge anyone who is looking for a motor to get a hold of Jose and see what he can do for you. You will not be disappointed!
    I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

DOHCTERTURBO
    I agree. hurry back Jose

TurboKnight
    Jose has always been nice and helpful to me. He has willingly offered me his pocketlogger,time and expertise. Thank you Jose

Name
    Shaun Lulofs
    ThumbsUP! Jose will always help you out if his schedule permits. Thanks Jose!
    Shaun Lulofs
    92 GSX-FOR SALE
    Selling Out...for now

Name
    Jose Q
    Jose C is awesome! Got my car back just last night with the install of the Evo 16G w/install kit, 550cc inj, and SAFC II w/tuning! I really appreciate the install and all the help! It was done good, fast, and his pricing was awesome!

Great knowing that guy! He's mad cool too...w/a very nice new house also! LOL!

Thanks Jose!
    Club 1320

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."

Name
    Rusty
    Jose did a great job on my car. Thanks for all the help Jose!
    I now hate the Drama!

Name
    Jose Q
    Jose C has done it once again! The guy is a genius and a true friend!

I took my car to him once again almost a year later for some more parts I needed installed on my car, and once again, I'm not disappointed! I have a cheesy smile everytime I get in my car cause it's running great and very strong!

Quality of work was awesome, and price is always great for it! Just wanted send a public THANKS to Jose cause he really deserves it for knowing his ssshtuff!
    Club 1320

Name
    Jack Thorsen
    Jose has definitely helped me out a few times. I'd recommend him as a good mechanic and a great guy in the Orlando area.
    I used to be kind of a big deal on the internet.

alcali247
    jose was very helpful and has lots of knowledge. I had a hard time finding an awd 2g tranny and he located one in a few days shipped it to his house and freshened it up for me. Jose is a great mechanic but more importantly a great person.

2.3 20g power soon 2 come
    Name
    Johnathon Davis
    Im glad I located this thread. Im getting ready to send out my PT67 in trade for his SC61 and for him to swap out the compressor cover and exhaust housing. Its good to know that I am doing business with a dependable and respectible DSMer!

2.3 20g power soon 2 come
    Name
    Johnathon Davis

Thumbs up Red97Talon *Jose* Not Good!

GREAT!

Jose is a great guy. Went to his house last night to deliver the GT4067RLS and we just got into conversation. He is more knowledgable then I ever thought. I knew he knew what he was doing, but I didnt know he was a great guy either. Very people oriented and a very friendly guy. I hope to be doing more business with him in the future. I would recommend Jose to anyone that I come in contact with about a DSM. Thanks again Jose!

Name
    Shaun Lulofs
    Jose is a one stop shop convenience store of knowledge. You can't leave his house without a lengthy conversation about something interesting unless his baby is sleeping LOL. He has helped me out many a time.
    thanks Jose
    Shaun Lulofs
    92 GSX-FOR SALE
    Selling Out...for now

Name
    Jose Q
    For sure! He's done great things for me before, and as a matter of fact, he's doing great things now to my ride.

Very good guy and yes, very knowledgable.
    Club 1320

Name
    Manie
    Jose is cool. Well, no so cool. I tried calling him yesturday and an Oriental peson picked up the phone. His English was baddddd. Did you change your number and did not tell us? Not cool, lol. Jose is Pure DSM.
    "How much does it cost? How fast do you want to go!"

Stage II Member
    Name
    Melvin Dremier Perez
    JOSE is the bomb!

Name
    Frank

Jose C and Mazda Mike are very good, very trustworthy people!

Ok, first of all I have needed to post this for a while...
    I had my 7 bolt die on me right after I got my 2G.
    I took it to Jose C. to get a 6 Bolt swap done and all I can say is he is the man. He had a whole lot of parts that he sold me for great prices IMO and everyone of them was in great shape as described. He is really just a very trustworthy person. He built my short block and did a great job. Jose dosent cut any corners, he does stuff right.
    Mazda Mike also played a role in the swap and the same high props go to him. Mike is a awesome Mechanic and a stand up guy. He called me a few days after I got the car back just to see how it was running. I dont know if Mike is a member to this board.
    In the beginning I felt as if I rolled the dice on this Jose guy because I did not know him, in the end I won twice. I got great work done on the car at a better price and a new friend.
    Anyone needing anything DSM, this guy will not steer you wrong, 100% trust!
    DSMLink V3
    11.3 @ 134
    Just another Jose Build!
    Want to go 145mph on street tires.

Name
    Steve

Thumbs up Jose Clavijo

Simply put one of the top/best dsm guys Ive ever met in my life. Drove the car over to him today to fix all its bugs....He custom fabb'ed up a dumppipe for the external gate, put a new timing belt with all parts plus a whole lot more, cant ask for anything more. The car is pulling like it never did before. The 225/50 brand new tires dont stand a chance against this E316g. The tial 38mm is working great holding boost nomore creep or spike. On sunday il be running more boost on 110, to see what she does. Jose I cant thank you enough man thanx for everything. Im really happy with the performance of the car.

Magical Fairy Princess Anaxagoras's Avatar
    Name
    Brian Moore
    Jose has helped me loads with my car and continues to help me through problems I am having with the car . For the orlando area it really doesnt get any better than him as long as you dont mind the drive and dont mind not going to an actual "garage" if you can even call the places around here that.
    I am like a LavaLamp... Not very brite but fun to watch...

Name
    Carlos
    From what I heard, Jose helped get an oldtime DSMer (Raim) running well in his recenlty adquired 1g awd. I believe Raim said he ran mid 11s@126. Good job Jose. You da' man.

Name
    Frank
    What the hell does this guy not do? Lets see, He does installs, builds motors, builds trannys and I guess he is a fabricator... Thanks for the awesome fab job on my 3" downpipe to my new T3 hotside. WG recirculated. Everything looks awesome! Another top notch Job done by Red97Talon.

BTW^^^ I am loving Raim's old turbo...
    DSMLink V3
    11.3 @ 134
    Just another Jose Build!

Freelance Firefighter jcb_sandcastle's Avatar
    Name
    Justin Baker
    I don't think there is anything else I can say about Jose that hasn't been said. Awesome guy! He even came out to me when I was stranded on 417 when my tire blew on the way to his house. I am sporting his old Laser rim for the next day or so until I get a new tire LOL! The 16g is kicking and he got all my quirks figured out in no time. I can't wait to go back and get my AFC installed/tuned!!!
    All Your Base Are Belong to Us

90 Eclipse Gst ~ R.I.P.
    92 Talon Tsi ~ R.I.P.
    95 Eclipse Gst ~ FOR SALE!!!!

Stage II Member
    Name
    Javier
    I would have to agree with everybody else Jose is a miracle maker. He changed my head gasket and installed my new bc 280's. The car is running strong with no issues and the temp stay well below the 200f. Thanks man!!!!
    Just got to go back for a quick tune.

Name
    Jack Thorsen
    I'm making this thread a sticky for an all-around good guy with a lot of knowledge about all cars.

Also, as an update, in addition to mechanic and fabrication work, Jose is also a DSMLink Dealer and does manual transmission/gearbox rebuilds. I've added a link to his profile in the first post of the thread for his contact info.
    I used to be kind of a big deal on the internet.

Name
    Steve
    POST NUMBER 2 Joses the shit when it comes to dsm's. Hes did so much to the car already, it wouldnt be what it is today without his work, im sure I speak for about 5 other people off the top of my head I can think of at this moment. He can do anything from custom making 02 housings to head gasket jobs to timing belt repair in no time. Hes the go to guy when it comes to dsm work.
    1993 Plymouth Laser FWD - 649whp/444wtq. 2.0L E85, ECMlink.
    1993 Plymouth Laser AWD - More Traction, More power.

Name
    Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by firebirdvert305 View Post
    im sure I speak for about 5 other people off the top of my head I can think of at this moment.
    Yes sir... I wont go anywhere else... If it is something I cant do, Jose can. Jose is a one stop shop. Cage, Tranny, built motor, maintenance, theory, parts selection whatever. If it is DSM, Jose knows it.
    Oh yha, and TOP NOTCH service and honesty to go with all that. Now we just need him to open a shop!
    DSMLink V3
    11.3 @ 134
    Just another Jose Build!

Name
    melvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Red97Talon View Post
    Thanks Guys
    you welcome

Name
    jonathan
    anyone knows like a cell or the place? he seems reliable and by everyones comments he seems good.

Hail to the king baby. meangreengst's Avatar
    Name
    Edwin Ayala Jr
    Jose lives in a cave, its a wonderous cave with everything needed to fix DSMs, also the only way to reach him is to use a signal in the sky >_>

Jose helped me out with a transmission before I left for pennsylvania, really cool guy +1
    No matter how well things go, something will always go wrong.

Name
    Joseph Pitchford
    Great guy tuned my car for me and helped with a few small issues. Will be doing business with again soon and would recommend him for any and all DSM issues.

Name
    Seth
    Ya he seems to be great and he sold me my gsx tranny for a good price but does anyone have any idea how to get a hold of him. Iv,e been trying for like a month and a half and if i cant who is the next best person or place i can take my car to?

Name
    Joseph Pitchford
    He's a really busy guy. Best way us to call and leave a message or pm.
    http://www.dsmregistry.com/3
    Even God says we should bear arms. Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

Name
    Seth
    ya i have been trying to call him in the evenings and shooting him some texts for the last month but no response at all. Not even a return text telling me he is busy. He told me he was going to help me but then he just dropped off the face of the earth. have you or anyone else heard from him lately?

Name
    Joseph Pitchford
    Yep last night. Picked up my copy of V3 link from him. I'll give him a call tom and tell him your looking for him. (too late tonight, he's getting old and it's past his bed time.lol)
    http://www.dsmregistry.com/3
    Even God says we should bear arms. Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

Name
    Seth
    Thanx so much i really appreaciate it and if he for some reason does not want to help me out jest let him know to tell me and i will stop pestering him thanx again
    Last edited by stickystiletto; January 2nd, 2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo

She is only resting... liquidsilver's Avatar
    Name
    DeWayne
    Yes, he is the best person to work on your car.

Yes, he is impossible to get a hold of at times.

Both of these are confirmed lol. He will come around. You did the best thing by posting here. PM, message, post.....wait.

I bid you good-day.
    If you can't beat em, learn how to drive.

Name
    Seth
    thanx for the advice and i guess i will continue to use the patient tool, my least fav. tool but apparently a must have if you own a dsm

Name
    Hector Levante
    Totally agree. Jose is a great guy. He got my eclipse up and running in no time. Thanks !

Name
    Minh
    Logged in to add yet another positive note to Jose's never ending Thank You thread.
    I just got my car back from him after having him help me out with a headgasket job along with all the maintenance and boy, this car runs as if it is brand new! I too along with pratically everyone one else on this board highly recommend Jose to anyone for anything mechanical related to an automobile. Thanks again Jose!
    Last edited by AWDSM; April 5th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
    -Albert Einstein

Name
    Arthur E.
    Jose C. is awesome.

I just got my Eclipse back last night. After about 1 week at Jose's, the car is running better than ever. This is my first dsm car. I bought my eclipse about 1 month ago and have been waiting for Jose to do all the regular maintenance and some tunnig. He is very affordable and goes above and beyond to make sure your car will be running to perfection. Not only that, but he will be a great source of knowledge and advise. I myself have learned a lot from him. I highly recommend Jose to anyone looking for help with a dsm car.

Thanks Jose !!!!!

Name
    Edwin Serrano

Thumbs up Red97talon

Most of us already know...but I still wanted to write this for any guest to look thru our forum and for all the new folks on the club. Thanks to Red97Talon, I was back up and running in short amount of time. Even when he had to completely rebuild my transsmission. He wont beat around the bush when talking about your issue and so far his knowledge is outstanding and can put it into plain english for those of us who need it. Also his prices are great and worth every dollar. I WOULD recommend anyone to talk to him for any DSM or non-DSM issue.

Red97Talon: I can't say it enough......Thanks for everything!!!!
    Edwin A.K.A "Chill"
    http://www.dsmregistry.com/178
    You're a DSMer if...
    Your wife/girlfriend wishes your car never existed...

Name
    Stephen R. Concannon JR
    Jose helped me get the Galant switched over to E85 and its running better than it ever has. He helped me optimize the cars current configuration by recommending I go back to the stock cams, and it really paid off. He is doing some fine tuning this weekend, but it is already 10x stronger and is still on the same boost and conservative timing. Patience is key, but good things are worth waiting for. He will not steer you in a bad direction.

Thanks for everything Jose.
    Last edited by damnDSM; November 9th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
    [I]Proofreading is of the the utmost impotence.[I]

Name
    Nick Martin
    just spoke with jose on the phone about lookin over my car this weekend, seems like a great dude.... cant wait to get his opinion on my ride.

Name
    carlos ortiz
    Does anybody have a current contact for jose? I had a number for him but i got a message that said the number had changed. I really am trying to get him to check out my 2g. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Name
    Scott Y.
    Send him a pm on here first. If that doesn't work I'll give you his paypal address, that might get his attention haha.
    Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

PM me for all your DSM part needs.

Name
    carlos ortiz
    Quote Originally Posted by vr4scott View Post
    Send him a pm on here first. If that doesn't work I'll give you his paypal address, that might get his attention haha.
    Yeah I tried the pm and thats when he gave me his number. Im just really trying to get him to look at my 2g so he can tell me whats good whats bad and get my project under way. This is my first dsm, and to be honest Im a little lost so i could definetly use his advise.
    Last edited by 1bad98gst; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: misspelling

Thread Information